Today, April 22, 2009, marks the 39th anniversary of Earth Day— an occassion founded by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson to inspire awareness and appreciation for the environment, celebrate the gains we have made and create new visions to accelerate environmental progress, according to earthday.gov.
As we enter the Green Boom, green law and green business are hot topics and just about everyone is trying to figure out a way to jump on the Green bandwagon – WLG included.
Our commitment to Going Green is going strong and we are proud of our own green efforts. Since our conception in 2005 WLG has committed significant time and resources to both practicing green business and sharing our knowledge of green business with others.
In the past 4 years WLG has enacted an ever-evolving Green Initiative that now encompasses:
- All legal pleadings, letters and documents are printed on recycled paper made with at least 30% post-consumer materials.
- All trashed paper is shredded and recycled;
- The firm is committed to running a paperless office;
- All offices have a standing no-plastics policy, and all water for clients and employees is poured from Britta pitchers into reusable glasses;
- All offices use energy efficient lighting;
- Business Cards, Promotional Printings and more are purchased from vendors who have environmental friendly packaging and practices;
- Coffee is purchased from vendors who have environmentally friendly packaging and practices;
In April 2009 WLG renewed its commitment to green business practices by launching lagreenlaw.com, a green building law blog helping the contractors and lawyers of Louisiana by providing information and resources pertaining to green building news and practices. We are very excited with the results and we look forward to launching green building blogs for new states in the coming months.
We encourage you to join in our commitment to Go Green and wish you all a Happy Earth Day!