New ideas are sprouting and new companies are forming every day, especially in the exciting business climate of post-Katrina New Orleans. At the Smiley Law Firm, a New Orleans business formation lawyer works with start-ups and entrepreneurs to take the worry out of business formation. You may have a million-dollar idea, but don’t want the headache of all the paperwork needed to get your business off the ground.
Or, maybe you are an established business that started out with little organization and now needs to re-evaluate your infrastructure. A New Orleans business formation lawyer at Smiley Law can help you, too.
Our attorneys at Smiley Law Firm form new LLCs, corporations, and partnerships regularly. We can draft initial formation documents and partner agreements, such as articles of organization or articles of incorporation. We can draft operating agreements between owners, members, and/or shareholders. We can handle mandatory regulatory filings with federal, state and local governments.
We also help out-of-state companies become legal and licensed in Louisiana when they are ready to do business here.
What we offer:
- Limited liability companies (LLCs) – drafting and filing articles of organization; drafting operating agreements; formation advice
- Corporation (Inc.) – drafting and filing of articles of incorporation
- Licensing: certification with the Louisiana Secretary of State, Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors, and other regulatory agencies
- IRS initiating documents such as EIN
- State and local business organizations membership
- Video Gaming applications and renewal
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality Underground Storage Regulation for gas stations
- Application of foreign company to do business in Louisiana
- Merger of companies
- Conversion of corporation to limited liability company
Smiley Law started as a small start-up itself, founded and run by entrepreneurs, so we understand the challenges and uncertainties a new company faces. Here at Smiley Law, we give sound business advice because we are not only lawyers, but also business owners. For legal advice regarding business litigation, call a New Orleans business formation lawyer at Smiley Law Firm today.