Expert Witness Testimony Can Make or Break Your
A construction expert has extensive knowledge and expertise of the construction industry. Their testimony in a construction litigation case can often mean the difference between winning losing. Here at Smiley Law Firm, we know that it can seem like a major expense to hire such an expert, so this post should help you to understand why it might be a worthy investment regardless of the cost.
Construction expert testimony spans a wide variety of subjects that can arise in construction cases. For example, construction experts often testify about the following issues:
- Failure to comply with federal, state or municipal laws and regulations;
- Failure to comply with minimum industry standards and best practices;
- Health and safety regulations;
- Work site injuries and accidents;
- Damages resulting from unwarranted delays in construction;
- Adequacy of workmanship in the construction of different types of buildings and facilities;
- Construction costs;
- Construction defects, and more.
Since many things can go wrong in a construction project, construction law often involves many areas of the law. A construction expert’s testimony can provide an authoritative foundation for apply these legal issues to construction industry practices. Construction experts weigh in and provide persuasive testimony regarding such legally diverse issues as:
- The building process;
- Construction contracts;
- Insurance issues;
- Employment issues and construction management;
- Land use regulations, zoning ordinances and requirements;
- Government permits; and more.
Any one or more of these issues could ultimately prove to be crucial to the outcome of your case. At Smiley Law Firm, we have built strong relationships with experts who are on the cutting edge of the construction industry and construction-related fields. These experts have strong reputations for their subject matter knowledge, and unquestionably strong reputations with regard to their honesty and integrity. The difference this makes in our client’s cases is invaluable, and puts us in a favorable position to explain complex issues to a jury of laypersons with authority and clarity.
If you need an expert witness for your construction litigation then contact the Smiley Law Firm today. Our team can find you the best expert for your case. Contact us today for a consultation.